Starting from this post, we will talk about commonly asked interview questions related to timing constraints or SDC. The most basic question is, what are design / library objects and how to manipulate these objects.
What Are Design / Library Objects?
These objects include:
- Design: defined by top level module
- Port: input, output and inout ports in the top level design
- Cell: submodule instances in the design
- Pin: submodule instance ports
- Net: wire or registers to connect pins
- Library name
- Library cell